How can you accept Jesus as your Savior and obtain eternal life?
(English subtitles for the video are available in Video Settings). The Bible says there is only one way to heaven:
"Jesus said: I am the way, and the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6.)
This is the only way to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and to follow the plan that God has for your life, as stated in the Bible.
You cannot obtain salvation by doing good works. The only thing that can save you is to have faith in Jesus Christ.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9.
This is what you must do today to have faith in Jesus:
1. Admit that you are a sinner and that you need God's help.
- "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:23
- "...just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned…" -Romans 5:12
- "If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." - 1 John 1:10.
2. Dispose yourself to change your mind, repent and turn away from sin.
- Jesus said: "...unless you repent, you too will all perish.” - Luke 13:5
3. Believe that Jesus died for you and was buried, but he resurrected from the dead.
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
- "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
- "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
4. Through prayer, you can invite Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior.
- "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." - Romans 10:10
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” - Romans 10:13
Pray the following words:
'God, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I that need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus shed his precious blood and died for my sins. I am willing to change and turn from my sin. I want Jesus to enter my heart as my Savior and Lord. I believe that everyone who receives Jesus and believes in his name, you give them the power to be your children - (John 1:12.) I also believe that everyone who is in Jesus is a new creation, and that old things are passed away and you make them all new - (2 Corinthians 5:17.)
Now that you made this prayer, you are a Christian. From now on, follow these steps:
5. Read your Bible everyday to know who Jesus is.
- If you have questions or doubts about what you read in the Bible, you can discuss them with a Pastor or a mature Christian of your church.
- "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." - 2 Timothy 2:15
- "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." - Psalms 119:105
6. Speak to God everyday through prayer.
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6
- "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." - 1 John 5:14
7. Baptize and serve in a church where Jesus is preached and where the Bible is the final authority.
- "Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day." - Acts 2:41
- "not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:25
- "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..." - 2 Timothy 3:16